Date Posted: January 29, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 297269
The right candidate will need flexibility with their schedule as start/end times will vary with production.
MUST HAVE MACHINE OR MECHANICAL EXPERIENCE!
Having a background in foodservice is preferred but not required. Associates should understand this is a cold environment.
Responsible for operating Cryovac pouch machine for cooked product packaging. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Set up equipment for production
2. Ensure package markings are correct and that printer operates correctly
3. Perform routine quality checks, including drain weights and metal detection
4. Maintain accurate processing records, including time and temperature
5. Maintain cleanliness of work area
6. Follow all plant safety regulations and Good Manufacturing Practices
Required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Language Skills: Must be able to follow instructions and communicate clearly with coworkers.
Experience: Food processing/handling experience preferred.
Visual, auditory, and hand dexterity. Full body mobility. Adequate reading/language, writing, and math skills. Able to work in varied temperature environments (0-50 deg.). Good hand/eye coordination. Heavy lifting required, some over 50lbs. Continuous movement, and must be able to stand for long periods of time.