St. Louis, MO
Date Posted: January 30, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 297402
Our client is looking for qualified candidates to set up and run their machines. This would a temp to hire position on the 3rd shift.
Set up and maintain the production line for safe manufacturing of home and garden products. Carry out changeovers and setups on production equipment. Assure continued running of the line by performing machine adjustments and repairs to equipment as well as preventative maintenance. Monitor quality of product through weights and measurements checks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence in following the operating master and specifications for each product
- Perform weights and measurement checks; record data onto PC. Understand SPC and manage quality standards of performance according to management guidelines. Perform batch changes in conjunction with a QC or Line Specialist
- Make appropriate machine adjustments to insure specification compliance
- Inspects and approves incoming materials to verify part number and specification conformance; Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials
- Perform changeovers and setups on assigned packaging equipment and/or lines. Simplify and improve changeover procedures in order to enlist Line Workers in the changeover process
- Comply with and sign all changeover set-up documents
- Make machine adjustments and repairs. Troubleshoot and repair all machine failures. Perform preventive maintenance on assigned equipment
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems
- Understand and demonstrate safe work practices at all times. Must stay focused on maintaining a safe work environment
- Operates machinery while running production and adds components accordingly
- Demonstrate high levels of good housekeeping practices to promote a safe work environment. Focus on opportunities to make equipment safer and more reliable on packaging lines
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures including values, safety, attendance and standard operating procedures
·Deliver on the job training to new coworkers
- Develop, implement and comply will all continuous improvement initiatives
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required
Education and Experience Profile
- Associate's degree or certificate from two-year College or technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to two years mechanical and electrical work experience in manufacturing environment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to understand product Master specifications and follow established procedures
- Must develop an expert knowledge and understanding of mechanical functions related to aerosol and liquid production
- Knowledge of hi-speed packaging equipment operations and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively within a team environment
- Effective problem-solving (root-cause analysis and countermeasure development) and sound decision making abilities
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and bias for action and results
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to follow company values (such as integrity and respect for others)
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply go to apply.pridestaff.com