Date Posted: February 6, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 297440
Great Temp-to-Hire Opportunity
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP with PURCHASING EXPERIENCE
$15 - $17 / hour DOE Hours: Days
The Customer Service Specialist processes orders, prepares correspondence and fulfills customer requests and requirements to ensure customer satisfaction as well as provide clerical support to the plant. These activities occur in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer, maintain, and direct incoming calls to the appropriate department
- Greet all incoming visitors, ensure visitor sign in and notify appropriate contact.
- Provide clerical support for all department as needed.
- Accurately enter and maintain orders, work orders, purchase orders and prepare shipping documents in a timely manner
- Coordinate and document shipping with customer and logistics department and
- Communicate and interact regularly with internal and external customers
- Maintain customer and department filing and archiving systems; keep records of customer transactions, inquiries, complaints, and work orders
- Process customer issues or complaints
- Maintain and prepare reports and inventory sheets as requested from internal and external customers
- Maintain and update customer service requirement data sheets
- Prepare and send samples and small shipments
- Provide reports and reconciliations as requested by customer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herewith are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong customer service and time management skills
- Strong data reporting and computer skills
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Numerical and reasoning abilities
- Knowledge of business and communication principle involved in customer relationship management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum 2 years customer service experience or related field
- ERP systems and CRM experience preferred
- Experience in supply chain is a plus
LANGUAGE SKILLS – English
Ability to read and interpret documents, write routine correspondence effectively and to speak fluently with internal and external customers.