Salary: 14.00 - 17.00
Date Posted: February 19, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 297445
Account Payable Specialist
Salary: $14 - $17 DOE
Job Responsibilities – Account Payable Specialist
General Purpose: Perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
- Support the mission, values and vision of the company;
- Code and approve activities (invoice tracking, posting, management of recurring payments);
- Posting of employee expense reimbursements;
- Analysis and posting of weekly freight expenses;
- prepare analysis of accounts;
- monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date;
- research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues;
- maintain vendor files;
- Assistance with weekly check run and weekly reporting tasks;
- Assists with year-end audit and limited month-end reporting tasks;
- Filing and scanning of payments and supports, as well as maintenance of electronic AP records;
- Cross training on various other AR and AP tasks to allow for coverage of other members of the department as well as growth and development
Job Requirements – Account Payable Specialist
- Accountable and dependable. Consistent in attendance and timeliness. Must be able to work a degree of overtime as needed to keep up with workload and assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others including employees and, as applicable, external parties for which you may interact.
- High degree of professionalism in your interactions, communications, etc. with others internal and externally as you represent the Company;
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Excellent organizational, planning and overall time management skills. Must be able to work on a variety of project simultaneously and prioritize work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills. Duties often include interaction with other employees within the organization and with external vendors to complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Strong ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
Education and/or Experience:
- Earned or anticipated Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, preferably in Business Administration – accounting.
- 5+ years of accounts payable or related accounting experience preferred.