Old Westbury, NY
Date Posted: March 8, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 297481
Well-established manufacturer located north of Old Westbury, NY seeks an experienced Vice President of Manufacturing Operations.
The VP of Manufacturing Operations manages all plant operations with overall responsibility for production and related activities.
Traveling to California and/or Mexico 4-6 times per year will be required.
Main functions include but are not limited to:
- Provide direction and leadership to develop and maintain the competencies, performance, and collaboration of departmental employees in the facility
- Establish strategic direction and set goals for the manufacturing operations of the company, including growth management, cost control, quality and delivery
- Inbound and outbound transportation management
- Warehouse & inventory management
- Staff management (~100 employees)
- Minimum of 8-10 years of broad experience in manufacturing operations management
- Exposure to manufacturing and quality best practices including LEAN
- Background with manufacturing methods and process improvement programs and procedures
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office products & ERP/MRP programs (Epicor a big plus)
This is an excellent opportunity with a successful & growing company.
Salary is competitive + comprehensive benefits package.