San Leandro, CA
Date Posted: January 30, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 297516
Our client in San Leandro has an immediate need for a qualified Warehouse associate to work in their wiring department!
Performs manual and clerical duties related to shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing and delivering a variety of materials, equipment and supplies with a focus on the wire department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to load, unload, and move materials within or near work site by performing the following duties:
- Convey materials from storage or work sites to designated area per Sales Ticket.
- Read work order or follow oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Package merchandise for shipment by common carrier
- Load materials into vehicles and install strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand. Unload incoming vehicles and prepare necessary receiving documents.
- Handle freight claims as required.
- Lift heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and clean work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
- Learn to safely operate all the necessary equipment in work area. Operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and product.
- Familiarize yourself with all electrical merchandise and where it is stored in the warehouse.
- Relocate or rearrange merchandise as required.
- Lock and unlock doors as assigned. Assist in keeping all work areas clean.
- Count, weigh or measure incoming or outgoing items to compare identifying information and variety against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records; examine incoming shipments for damage or shortages and correspond with shipper.
- Determine method of shipment utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates; prepare materials for shipping.
- Participate in routing, counting and inspecting items.
- Ensure proper documentation and package marking with appropriate placards when moving hazardous materials.
- Fill orders and issue materials and supplies per requests; document transactions appropriately; prepare requisitions and compute costs; keep records of storeroom inventory.
- Participate in ordering or purchasing standard stock items, such as recommending additions or deletions to standard stock items or ordering replenishments within established procedures and limits.
- Cutting and spooling all different wire sizes using wire cutting machinery.
- Track footages of wire on stock wire reels and updating wire tag marker.
- Communicate when wire inventory levels are low.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D)
- 2-4 Years related warehouse experience or training; or equivalent combination of Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required
Through previous background and experience, the candidate must be able to demonstrate, with or without an accommodation:
- Knowledge of automated or computerized system operation.
- Knowledge of record keeping practices.
- Knowledge of safety practices, and wears PPE as assigned.
- Skill in lifting heavy packages and objects.
- Skill in operating wire and cable cutting equipment, reels, machines, and cable cutters.
- Skill in operating forklift or other material handling equipment.
- Skill in operating large vehicles in tight and congested areas.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Skill in using various hand tools used in preparing, reeling, and cutting wire and cable, i.e. hammers, nails, ropes, tape, plastic and cable termination seals.
- Must be forklift certified.
- Knowledge of cargo securement techniques, chains, binders, straps, ropes, knots, plastic wrap and cargo dunnage used.
- Strong mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, including fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to read and interpret invoices and packing slips.
- Current Forklift Operation Certification required
- Possess in knowledge of IES computer systems, Microsoft Office, Eclipse, etc.
- Must be a team player and abide by IES’s strong core values and beliefs.
Supervisory Responsibility, work environment and physical demands
- This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- Ability to be trained on the operation of power and/or hand tools; greet individuals, answer phones, and provide information to customers; bend, stoop, lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds; stand and walk continuously throughout an 8-hour shift; work in dusty and dirty conditions; handle and store hazardous materials; clean and maintain a safe working environment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Operate Forklift, equipment such as pallet jacks. Climb ladders, Squatting-Bending.
- Typical environments include offices, light industrial, commercial, utility and manufacturing. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Will include outdoor work exposed to elements and non-conditioned warehouse spaces.
- Work is generally requires standing and walking the majority of the time, but may require sedentary activity for up to 10% of the time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Shift: 2:00P.M. to 10:30P.M. (**Over time likely)
At PrideStaff, we recognize and appreciate our team members’ hard work and enthusiasm! Therefore, we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package!
Benefits package as a placed Field Associate include:
- Medical, Rx, and Wellness Benefits
- Dental and Vision Plan Options
- Sick Pay
- Holiday Pay