Salary: $37-$42K Annually
Date Posted: February 19, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 297606
Assistant Project Manager
Our client is a locally owned and operated company that specializes in the installation and distribution of a wide variety of commercial construction products and services. They are well known for their high quality work built on timely service and value. The successful candidates will posses a number of skills with willingness to learn and grow.
This is an entry-level position designed to lead into a Project Management position. There are also opportunities for a variety of other advancement possibilities. In this role you will support a number of Project Managers working to complete complex projects. This is intended to be a cross-functional position and you will work collectively with many members of the organization on a daily basis. Key to success in this role is development of new skilled and growth towards the role of Project Manager.
- Gain experience by assisting a Project Manager with a variety of behind-the-scenes tasks
- Contribute to a more successful project by maintaining the organization of the project file
- Contribute to a proactive approach by tracking & following up on a variety of details
- Track/follow up on submittals, approvals, samples, purchase orders, delivery dates, ect. to give a “dashboard” overview of the project status
- Assist in preparing submittals to submit for approval
- Maintain the organizational integrity of the project files to provide more efficiency for the Project Manager when looking for information
- “Special Assignments” on occasion to contribute to the overall success of the company
- Intermediate computer skills
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, & Office
- Basic ability to read and interpret plans and specifications
- Basic Project Management Experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to keep multiple tasks organized with interruptions
- Strong organizational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- The Project Assistant will be assigned to a Project Manager for supervision & training and report to the General Manager through their supervisor. They will also be working with other Project Managers.
- Associates Degree is highly desired
- High School graduation or GED is required.
- This is an entry level position with opportunity for advancement in a variety of directions
Pay Rate: $37-$42K Annually
Schedule: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Mon-Fri - flexible hours