Salary: $17/hr to $19/hr
Date Posted: February 16, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 297617
Inside Sales Associate
Our client is a locally owned and operated company that specializes in the installation and distribution of a wide variety of commercial construction products and services. They are well known for their high quality work built on timely service and value. The successful candidates will posses a number of skills with willingness to learn and grow.
The Inside Sales Associate primarily supports inbound calls from clients and new customers in need of products and services. Working primarily on the computer and telephone, you will be responsible for proactive selling to new and existing customers, converting inquiries received into the business, negotiating prices, processing orders. Success in this position can lead to a variety of career opportunities in the organization in a variety of Senior Sales positions, project management and marketing.
- Track/follow up on customer quotes to provide adequate success reports and discover if an order will be placed – starting the order process off with a proactive approach
- Track/follow up on quotes/orders to ensure adequate arrival dates for order deadlines
- Track/follow up on customer orders to provide a “dashboard” overview status
- Review customer quotes/orders and factory orders to help gain experience/understanding and add accuracy with a double check
- Write quotes, customer orders, and purchase orders to produce quality sales
- “Special Assignments” on occasion to contribute to the overall success of the company
- An energetic and confident personality who enjoys an up-tempo job and team
- Good computer skills
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, & Office
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to keep multiple tasks organized with interruptions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Sales Assistant will be assigned to and directly answer to a Sales Associate for supervision and training. They may also work with other Sales Associates from time to time. There will be a yearly job performance review done by the General Manager.
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Pay Rate: $17/hr to $19/hr ($35,000 to $40,000/yr) Depending on Experience and Qualifications
Schedule: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Mon-Fri – Some flexible hours