Date Posted: February 19, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 297728
Client in Visalia/Goshen area is seeking Lather Machinist for IMMEDIATE PLACEMENT
The Lathe Machinist is responsible for setting up and operating a manual lathe machine to ensure accurate and timely machining of parts based on blueprint specifications.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience operating such machinery, have strong ability to read blueprints, and be attentive to machine parts within close tolerances.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Load and position work pieces onto machine tables and/or stations
• Read and interpret machining specifications on parts blueprints
• Properly set up and operate manual lathe machinery. Visually inspect and measure
work pieces to determine conformance to specifications
• Assist operators in other areas of the operation when needed
• Follow and maintain a safe and clean working environment
• Communicate recommendations to modify processes to improve quality & productivity
• Carry out other duties reasonable within capability as requested by the Machine Shop
• Minimum of 1 year experience in a Machining environment.
• Associate’s Degree/Certification in related field desired, but not required.
• Experience with the operation of manual lathe machinery.
• Understanding and ability to machine at a tolerance of +/- .002
• Strong attention to detail to ensure precision of parts machined.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints. Reliable to keep up with production demand.
• Ability to work well independently and with fellow coworkers.
• Must be able to: follow verbal and written instruction, comply to company policy and
safety protocol, lift 40 lbs and over, and perform job duties that require standing,
kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped spaces.