Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Salary: $43K to $48K (DOE)
Date Posted: February 2, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 298016
A manufacturing and distribution company headquartered in Rancho Santa Margarita is searching for an Inventory Control Clerk. The company offers manufacturing equipment and accessories across a wide range of industries. This individual compiles records concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, and equipment. The pay is $43,000 to $48,000, based on experience. The company also offers a very competitive employee benefits package.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles data from sources such as contracts, purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, and accounting reports.
- Writes, types, or enters information into computer to maintain inventory, purchasing, shipping, or other records.
- Keeps back order file in established sequence and releases back orders for issue or shipment as stock becomes available.
- Compiles stock control records and information such as consumption rate, characteristics of items in storage, and current market conditions, to determine stock supply and need for replenishment.
- Prepares requisitions, orders, or other documents for purchasing or requisitioning new or additional stock items.
- Compares nomenclature, stock numbers, authorized substitutes, and other listed information with catalogs, manuals, parts lists, and similar references to verify accuracy of requisitions and shipping orders.
- Reviews files to determine unused items and recommends disposal of excess stock.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data.
- Continuous Learning - Seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Use of Technology - Uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.