Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Salary: $17.00 - $20.00
Date Posted: February 15, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298040
Minimum two (2) years supervisory/lead experience in a high rate production and test environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (These are things the candidate should possess prior to being hired, i.e., computer skills):
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, supervise and guide others effectively to achieve desired outcome
- Objective and analytical oriented/Problem solving skills
- Production shop loading and planning skills
- Fundamental Lean Manufacturing and high rate production skills
- Proficient Computer skills
- Mechanical Measurement and Instrumentation skills
- Ability to express self clearly in verbal and written form – ability to interface with all levels of personnel
- Project Planning and Scheduling skills
- Ability to handle multiple programs and tasks simultaneously and efficiently
- Ability to work in a comprehensive team environment
- Lean/Six Sigma Lead Leader necessary
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (List the essential functions of the position, i.e., what incumbent is required to do, not how it is done):
- Schedules employees. Leads and motivates team.
- Ensures compliance with quality, environmental, safety regulations, and 6S methodology.
- Assists with inventory, packaging, shipping/receiving, and general facility maintenance as needed.
- Monitors machinery, processes, and work layouts to recommend improvements.
- Conducts safety and training programs.
- Mentors subordinate staff and facilitates problem solving.
- May perform Supervisor actions, as needed, in the absence of the Supervisor with the exception of progressive discipline and terminations.
- Monitors production and adjusts work assignments, supply of material, and machine operation when necessary.
- Facilitates production flow
- Repairs various machines, using hand tools and power tools.
- Refers extensive machine repairs to maintenance staff.
- Confers with Supervisor to receive instructions and exchange production information.
- May audit samples of product, using various test equipment, to verify that products meet specifications.
- Periodically recalibrates test equipment.
- May perform Direct work 70% plus of their time.
- May perform duties of absent workers to maintain production. Examples include data entry, closing of "M" orders
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas
- Completes other duties as directed by the Supervisor/Manufacturing
- Schedule flexibility to support critical deadlines may be required.
Assists Production Supervisor with the day-to-day functions relevant to department productivity and personnel supervision/training.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS:
Internal: Interacts with all departments within the organization on a daily basis
External: Occasional contact with others outside the company.
Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee may lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The individual must have a high level of comprehension, and a high level of general, verbal, and numerical intelligence.
Works majority of the day in a climate controlled environment, with the exception of occasionally performing work in the warehouse, which is subject to moderate changes in temperature.
Temp to Hire
Shift: 2nd Shift
Hours: 2:00 PM - 11:30 PM (Must be Flexible for OT)
* Must Pass Criminal Background
* Must Pass 10 Panel Drug Test
* Must Pass E-Verify