Salary: Base Salary plus commission
Date Posted: February 4, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 298052
Heavy Equipment Outside Sales Representative
PrideStaff, a firm specializing in recruiting for Central Oregon businesses, is seeking an ambitious Heavy Equipment Sales Representative.
Our client is the regional leader for attachment parts in the heavy construction equipment industry. They are well established in supplying customers with the highest quality equipment, as well as providing repairs for new and reconditioned products. With exclusive rights to sales and distribution of equipment recognized as the leader in the industry our client is poised for strong growth in our strong NW Economy.
The primary Outside Sales territory will be primarily along the I-5 cooridor from Seattle, WA to Tacoma, WA. This is a dynamic role that directly impacts the ability of the company to achieve Sales and Revenue objectives. The Heavy Equipment Outside Sales Representative will be responsible for supporting and helping the current inside sales team as well as ensuring that objectives are met or exceeded through both sales to existing clients as well as developing new business opportunities. Promote new and used construction and demolition products to customers, and promote refurbishment services of competitor brands. Be able to effectively monitor market conditions, competitor products and pricing strategies
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain accurate customer information in the account database
- Build strong relationships with customers focusing on long term mutual growth
- Interact and develop relationships with clients, end users, and prospective customers
- Consult with clients after sales and/or contract signings to provide ongoing support
- Responsible for Hyrdaulic / Pneumatic Sales
- Help Customers get the parts they need, interacting extensively with them to clarify needs, research and recommend parts, provide quotes, and take orders
- Engage in various sales activities with a keen focus on sales and customer service
- Prepare and maintain sales cases in the CRM software
- Qualify new prospects
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures
- Partner with and provide support for field and inside sales reps
- Appraise used equipment
- Work within and promote vision, mission and values of client
- Increase sales volume and margin, assist in the budgeting process, and demonstrate fiscal and resource responsibility
- Become familiar with financing options, licensing policies and procedures
- Previous phone sales experience is required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2 to 3 years, Outside Sales and territory management experience including business prospecting
- Knowledge of construction industry, hydraulic and pneumatics, basic mechanics, and the local market is required
- Have great time management skills and be detail oriented
- 2 + years of experience in customer service; an understanding of sales operations including purchase orders, sales orders, inventory, shipping & receiving and billing is preferred
- Self -Starter and highly motivated individual
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to learn; seek out development activities to improve skills and increase knowledge
- Excellent sales and interpersonal skills
- Ability to translate specific goals into action and follow through to achieve goals
- Team player, trust, credibility and consensus builder
- Excellent and effective written and oral interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated record in skilled negotiations
- Basic knowledge of equipment financing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of construction industry, equipment, basic mechanics, and the local market is preferred
- Valid Oregon or Washington driver’s license and clean driving record
- Willingness to travel 75% weekly
Pay: Base Salary plus commission.
If this sounds like you please apply at www.pridestaff.com/bend
Come visit us at 2214 NE Division Street Suite 202, Bend OR, 97703 or call 541-797-6941!
Confidentiality: This position will be handling confidential personal data and information that belongs to PrideStaff’s clients and candidates including birthdates, social security numbers, hiring fees, and confidential hiring paperwork.
Supervision: This position has supervision.
The employee does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Basic Working Conditions: The employee must have their own method of dependable transportation and work full time during normal business hours Monday through Friday. Overtime and work on weekends may be needed. The employee must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers.
As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefit package, and just as importantly, you will be treated fairly, with dignity, courtesy and respect. Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you!