Salary: $11.72 - $14.65/hr DOE
Date Posted: February 5, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298078
Bending Machine Operator
Tends and operates machines such as Band Saws, Copper Saws, Spinner, T-Drill Hole Puller, and Tube Bender and cut, shape, and bend metal, tubes by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template.
- Positions workpiece against stops or aligns.
- Pushes button or depresses pedal to activate machine.
- Observes machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measures workpiece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from workpiece.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand Copper/Steel types, gauges
- Basic Math Skills
- Basic hand tool knowledge
- Ability to read/understand a tape measure
- Understanding of 6S
- Basic reading skills
- Basic understanding of machine operations
- Crane/Hoist operation
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three to six months related experience and/or training.
Hours: Monday - Thursday 6 AM - 4:30 PM
Pay: $11.72 - $14.65/hr DOE