Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Salary: $30+/hour (DOE)
Date Posted: February 5, 2018
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 298234
A manufacturer in Rancho Santa Margarita needs a NC Programmer. This is for a special project that is expected to last 6 to 8 weeks. Experience with Esprit Software is key. The hours are Monday to Friday, 7AM to 4:30PM and the pay is $30+ an hour, based on experience.
This project will involve:
- Design, manufacture and install customized, highly engineered solutions for new plant builds and also provide complete plant life cycle service support.
- Control valves, ball & butterfly valves, slide & gate valves etc. and trim components of the valves
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in NC programming using Esprit CAM Version 2014 or later.
- Experience in 2 axis lathes (VTL is plus) and 3 axis mills.
- Ability to read G codes for troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of N/C machines, methods and practices in planning and developing operational programs for N/C machines. Preferably has machining experience.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and designs.
- Familiarity with general machine shop practices, production layout practices, sequences, tooling arrangements, machine setup, and instructions for machining operations.
- Some knowledge of Esprit Post Development a plus.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Solidworks and AutoCad).
- This person will report to the Manufacturing Engineer Manager and direct/plan numerical control programs to produce valve bodies and trim components from engineering drawings.
- The person will receive all detail instructions on daily tasks, methods, conventions and standard practices from Senior NC Programmer.
- Responsible for writing of new and maintenance of existing programs.
- Directs the preparation of N/C and CAM documentation for use by NC Programming manufacturing personnel.
- Coordinates N/C and CAM methods and design criteria with other manufacturing and engineering personnel. Meets with Manufacturing and Manufacturing engineering management to resolve N/C related production problems.
- Manages the maintenance of N/C and CAM files and computer-based data systems, including shop floor Direct Numerical Control (DNC) system.
- Provides shop support for continuing N/C machine operations.
- Evaluates engineering drawings to determine parts and tooling which can be economically and efficiently produced by N/C operations.
- Determines the cutting tool path, speeds and feeds, and methods to be used on N/C machine tool.
- Maintains and revises programs to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Prepares programs, including “Master Family of Parts” programs, for N/C machines through computer equipment.
- Develops and prepares N/C documentation for use by machine operators.
- Assists machine operators in tool and tape proofing.
- Maintains tape library and related records.
- Writes and/or revises programs to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Investigates new tooling/methods.