Date Posted: February 12, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 298260
Job Title: Network Administrator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director, IT
General Summary of Position: Support the technical and administration of computer network, servers, desktop computers and laptops, Internet, applications and the telephone system.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up, configure, and support internal and/or external networks, including remote access support, functionality, and usage tracking
- Maintain the overall integrity and stability of the Company’s computer systems’ server (virtual and physical) and desktop applications
- Provide technical support and guidance to users
- Assist in maintaining all systems, applications, security and network configurations
- Maintain the overall integrity and stability of the company’s phone and video collaboration hardware and applications
- Maintain current backups of system information and periodically test disaster prevention plan
- Troubleshoot network performance issues
- Maintain a current knowledge of computing technology by reviewing periodicals and reporting applicable findings
- Recommend upgrades, patches, new applications, and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Educational & Technical Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (or working towards one) in computer related field, or commensurate experience with computer networks
Minimum Years of Experience Required in Specific Functions/Positions:
- 2 to 3 years of experience managing servers and networks
- Experience with complex network operating environments (Cisco)
- Voice switch, configuration and troubleshooting (Cisco Call Manager)
- Experience managing Windows Servers and Active Directory
- LAN, WAN, and Telecommunications technologies
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Exchange Server
- Experience with Virtual Server technologies (VMware)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to manage and handle confidential information
- Self-motivated, with the ability to make good decisions and solve problems
- Conscientious, with good organizational skills
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Lifting of computer hardware, including opening computers to replace circuit boards, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Some travel required to support other facilities
- Perform well under pressure and meeting due dates
- Present a positive image of the Company
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a 401(k) plan.
We conduct pre-employment testing for alcohol and illegal drug use, as allowed by local, state, and federal law.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Conditions may require the company to modify this job description and the Company reserves the right to exercise its discretion to make such changes.
Staffing Done Right!
PrideStaff has won multiple Best of Staffing Awards for our great relationships with candidates. Our candidates consistently rank us as one of the top staffing agencies in the country. Over the years, we have helped tens of thousands of people find outstanding career growth opportunities. At PrideStaff, we truly value people, and we are dedicated to getting to know you and advocating on your behalf with our network employers across the country. Our Recruiters will help guide you with career tools and resources. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to our Field Associates that provides peace of mind as you live and work.
· Medical, Rx, and Wellness Benefits
· Dental and Vision Plan Options
· Short-term Disability
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Holiday Pay
Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you! PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. We help you find the job that best matches your skills, interests, and goals. With locally-owned offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with 3,000+ employers. You may be on a temporary assignment now, but you are not temporary to us! We want to be your life-long talent agent.
See what some of our Field Associates have to say:
“They don’t make you pay to search for jobs, they are searching for you"
"PrideStaff was able to find a job that fit me"
“Without them I wouldn’t have the position I have now"
Work with an agency committed to being your long term partner in staffing.
Work with PrideStaff!
Apply today by calling (330) 510-5700.
Or visit: www.pridestaff.com/akron for a list of this job and many others.
JOB ID: 298260