Date Posted: February 6, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298358
Local Electronic Repair company located in Camarillo is now accepting resumes for a
Senior Electromechanical Technician
The position assumes a high level of responsibility, supporting our customers field teams in their delivery of client services. Successful candidates are fast learners and self-motivated independent workers. Must be eager to learn new technologies. Looking for a solutions oriented individual with positive can do attitude to work in a fast paced, fast changing, timeline driven environment.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Troubleshoot, repair and test analog and digital circuitry including motherboards, power supplies and electro-mechanical devices down to the component level.
- Advanced mechanical inclination to successfully disassemble/reassemble and test electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
- Assist Engineers in evaluating incoming repairs not seen before and identify necessary test equipment and parts to successfully restore them to factory specifications.
- Project Management skills - able to take a project from beginning to end in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- 5 years experience in similar environment.
- Minimum of Associate’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent formal military technical training or Certified Electronic Technician (CET).
- BSEE is desirable but not necessary for the person with the right background.
- In depth knowledge of electronic test equipment such as oscilloscope, digital voltmeter, function/logic analyzer, IC programming devices, socket configurations and in-circuit system programming (ICSP) methods for Microcontrollers, programmable logic devices and other embedded devices.
- Certified in soldering techniques (through hole and smd technologies) using leaded and lead free solders.
- Ability to read and understand schematics for use to successfully repair customer products.
- Ability to create logic diagrams of circuits when none exist.
- Creative problem solver, able to research, troubleshoot and repair electronic and mechanical issues with zero documentation.
- Knowledge of newer technology electronic repair and test equipment and ability to make recommendations and train others.
- Advanced knowledge with integrated circuit programmers and programming techniques including FPGA.
- BGA problem diagnosis and replacement. BGA Rework & Repair Specialist Training certification desired
- Proficient with computers and Windows operating systems
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
$20-$23/hr Depending on experience and salary history