Fort Worth, TX
Salary: $18-$25+ per hour depending on experience
Date Posted: February 19, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298403
2nd Shift Tooling Technician
North Fort Worth
Pleasant professional working environment
You will train during first shift but after training, you will work second shift which is 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Monday through Friday with occasional overtime offered
Compensation is dependent on experience, target range is $18 to $25 per hour, but will consider more for the right candidate
Seeking someone who wants a long term opportunity
Our company has a solid work / life balance. We care about our employees and we treat people well. We work hard and they have fun doing it. We try our best to always tell their clients yes, to deliver with the highest quality, faster than our competition, at a competitive price.
Type of candidate being sought:
- Willing to consider people with mechanical or robotic experience
- The perfect candidate will have 2+ years of tooling, plastic injection molding, or stamping die experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with injection molding maintenance and repairs is a plus
- This job is very hands on
- Seeking someone who is mechanically inclined
- You will be handling small parts so you need to be attentive to details
- Thorough, organized, careful
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Have good job longevity
- Positive can-do attitude
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
- Thrive on a high energy fast paced environment
- Learn quickly
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform injection mold preventative maintenance and insert changes in support of production with diligence and accuracy.
- Experience with very small, tight tolerance parts is preferred.
- Maintain accurate log of preventative maintenance and insert changes.
- Identify tooling deficiencies during preventative maintenance and notify the Tooling Manager.
- Participate in root-cause analysis of tooling breakage and / or damage to assess corrective actions going forward.
- Ensure a clean, organized, and safe environment at all times.
- Report any safety concerns or violations to the Tooling Manager or other leadership immediately.
- Take a lead in the creation, organization, and maintenance of mold books, including instructions, photo-documentation, historical logging, and revision control.
- Actively participate and lead tool room organization, including mold spare components, standard components such as fasteners and pins.
- Identify and elevate tool, equipment, and other infrastructure needs to the Tooling Manager.
- Participate with other project related and support tasks as assigned.