Date Posted: February 7, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298451
Shipper / Receiver
As a general rule, employees start out at level one within their respective job position/classification. As new skills are acquired and requirements are satisfied, the employee can progress through the levels until they reach level three or are promoted/transferred to a different job position/classification. A team leader at any of the three levels will have additional responsibilities outlined below.
Shipper / Receiver – Level One
- Learn the different types of products that are shipped and received.
- Load product onto pallets or pack into shipping containers with supervision.
- Operate the compound miter saw safely and effectively to cut wood for pallets.
- Obtain fork lift operator certification.
Shipper / Receiver – Level Two
- Perform all of the duties required of a level one Shipper/Receiver.
- Safely operate fork lift during loading and unloading operations (requires certification).
- Identify and check that the raw materials received are in accordance with the purchase order (correct quantity and material type/size).
- Build pallets for shipping purposes.
- Pack cardboard boxes properly for shipment.
- Properly use the steel and polyester banding equipment.
- Properly use the various weighing devices.
Shipper / Receiver – Level Three
- Perform all of the duties required of a level two Shipper/Receiver.
- Contact trucking companies to schedule product pick-up.
- Prepare all paperwork needed to ship the product.
- Correctly size pallets for safe and proper shipping.
- Properly count and package all of the accessory items.
- Assemble and test all hydraulic tools.
- Maintain shipping filing system.
- Process the necessary shipping paperwork.
- Communicate effectively with team leaders, purchasing agent and freight carriers.
- Verify availability of materials and supplies for in-process work orders.
- Ensure hourly employees assigned to work orders or indirect labor tasks stay on track to maintain proper work flow.
- Communicate resource requirements and issues to shift supervisor.
- Clarify work order requirements and provide guidance and/or training to hourly workers as required.
- Ensure required documentation is completed and is accurate.
Monday - Friday 7 AM - 3:30 PM