Date Posted: February 19, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298452
PrideStaff is seeking to hire candidates for a Wax Injection Operator for a client located in South Akron!
Position will be 1sst shift:7am-7pm Weekends with an hourly pay of $11.67 per hour
Position will be located in the Wax Injection department
*Previous experience in waxing and cleaning parts preferred
Client is setting up interviews ASAP!!
Sets up, adjusts and operates press which injects wax into die used in the investment casting process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads procedure cards thoroughly.
- Sets up and adjusts press.
- Sprays interior surface of die with parting agent.
- Places empty die into injection nozzle; fills die with wax under specified pressure.
- Pries open die and removes wax pattern.
- Inspects wax pattern visually for fill, finish and imperfections.
- Separates parts for rework or repair and may perform rework if directed.
- Checks parts for accurate dimensions at beginning of run and periodically during process.
- Maintains record of type and number of pieces produced.
- Checks temperature and flow time according to job specifications.
- Informs supervisor of defective dies and machine malfunctions.
- Cleans and properly stores dies.
- Cleans press and immediate work area, daily.
- Counts parts at end of each shift and documents on the route sheet.
- Comply with company safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Experience or training in waxing and cleaning parts.
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements):
- LANGUAGE SKILLS - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- REASONING ABILITY - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS – The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. Employee will work with materials of both hot and cold extremes (primarily hot wax and dry ice). Employee work with flammable substances. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
PrideStaff wants you to Succeed! We offer the Support you need along the way!
Over the years, we have helped tens of thousands of people find outstanding career growth opportunities. At PrideStaff, we truly value people, and we are dedicated to getting to know you and advocating on your behalf with our network employers across the country. Our Recruiters will help guide you with career tools and resources. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to our Field Associates that provides peace of mind as you live and work.
· Medical, Rx, and Wellness Benefits
· Dental and Vision Plan Options
· Short-term Disability
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Holiday Pay
Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you! PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. We help you find the job that best matches your skills, interests, and goals. With locally-owned offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with 3,000+ employers. You may be on a temporary assignment, but you are not temporary to us!
See what some of our Field Associates have to say:
“They don’t make you pay to search for jobs, they are searching for you"
"PrideStaff was able to find what job fit me"
“Without them I wouldn’t have the position I have now"
Work with the Best!
JOB ID: 298452