Mills River, NC
Salary: Up to $15/hr.
Date Posted: February 7, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298521
PrideStaff is currently seeking a Quality Control Technician for a local food manufacturing company. This is an excellent opportunity for an organized and detail oriented person with the ability to motivate and coach othes towards the compliance of quality standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete Daily Opening Sanitation Checklist, and release production space to production team at start of day.
- Perform quality checks on products and production equipment.
- Collect and log samples for laboratory analysis.
- Prepare and analyze samples of product for texture/appearance/flavor. Develop and maintain manual for product sample evaluation.
- Observe production processes and ensure compliance with GMPs and Food Safety Plan.
- Perform routine checks of sanitation efficacy- allergenic residue and ATP swab checks, environmental monitoring swabs.
- Perform Gluten testing on required ingredients and finished products.
- Take action according to Product Hold/Release Policy to mark, record and isolate any non-conforming product for review by management.
- Perform monitoring and verification activities for Preventive Controls (Eg metal detector testing, weight checks).
- Perform routine checks of packaging, labels and code dates to ensure accuracy and correctness during production.
- Inspect incoming ingredients and materials for compliance to specification.
- Assist with Research and Development batches and at production-level scale.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Food Manufacturing in a Production or Quality Assurance/Quality Control role.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents related to general manufacturing procedures (GMP) compliance.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
- High attention to details; able to work quickly and accurately.
- Multi task and manage multiple demands and priorities.
Come Join Us
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers.
As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefit package, and just as importantly, you will be treated fairly, with dignity, courtesy and respect. Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you!