San Clemente, CA
Salary: $15 to $16/hour (DOE)
Date Posted: February 7, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298529
A growing educational company in San Clemente is looking for a Receptionist & Billing Assistant. This individual is the first point of contact for many of their Customers. They perform receptionist duties of answering phones and various correspondence. They also open and record all the Trainer Packages, perform desktop deposits and assist the Billing Specialist performing the billing for events.
This organization has been repeatedly recognized as one of the top ten places to work in Orange County. It’s a unique opportunity to work for a great company while making a difference in the world. This is a temp to hire position and the hours are Monday – Thursday, 7AM to 5PM and Friday from 7AM to 11AM. The pay is $15 to $16/hour, based on experience. Once hired by the company, you’ll be eligible for an excellent employee benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greeting of Customers: Answering of phones and directing calls; greeting/screening of walk-in
- visitors, job applicants (give them applications) and others.
- Daily & weekly communications: Create & distribute the company’s newsletter
- Following every event, the Trainers send their event paperwork into the office. This position
- Opens, distributes and records what was received and when.
- Scan select documents, such as the report of course & recon form to the event
- Deposit checks into system
- Verify that the deposit is properly labeled and identified
- Open the program to the bank and scan the checks, validate that the totals agree and print reports.
- Distribute the reports to accounting (W/S Event & A/Rother Deposits)
- For Accounts Receivable checks, return them to the Accounts Receivables Specialist who will retain them per their requirements.
- This position assists the Billing & Event Reconciliation Specialist with registering people for per person events, billing out the event and with Course Material Billing.
- Previous office experience (reception, admin, etc.)
- Experience with billing/invoicing
- Computer literacy with MS Office applications, especially Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a cooperative and team-building attitude
- Must be able to consent to a background check