Date Posted: February 7, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298550
Excellent Opportunity for Assistant Shop Manager - Metal Fabrication
The Assistant Utility Shop Foreman will have knowledge of heavy metal fabrication. This individual supervises and coordinates the work team activity of teams engaged in aligning and fitting components for the assembly of truck bodies and related products.
- Assist with production schedules, estimates worker hours required for projects
- Familiarity with Fabrication Shop, Electrical, Paint, Hydraulics and Quality Control.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, and assist workers in solving work/production related issues.
- Maintains and creates excel spreadsheets
- Sets up and operates machines and equipment Including cranes and forklifts
- Assists with delivery of vehicles
- Maintains records of inventory, date of delivery and drivers.
- Implements company policies, engages workers and enforces safety regulations
- Ability to read and write blueprints and specifications to determine assembly sequence
- Possess good math skills and reasoning ability
- Must be punctual and have strong work ethic and a commitment to extra hours when needed
- Possess excellent leadership and communication skills
- Able to understand, read and speak the English language
- Must have own tools and ANSI approved toe protection footwear
- Minimum three years' experience in the heavy fabrication or manufacturing
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Preferred: An Associate's Degree from an accredited technical or trade school.
Licensure Required; Valid Pennsylvania Driver's License,
Preferred: Previous management/shop foreman experience.