Date Posted: February 14, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298616
Our client is a Consumer Electronics design engineering firm located in Poway, CA. They offer technical design services for mechanical, electrical, audio, antenna, and firmware development across a broad range of device categories. They specialize in full product development services, from concept creation to quality control and supply chain support in mass production.
- Assemble electromechanical prototypes and products of medium complexity quickly and with great attention to quality and detail.
- Perform functional tests as defined by Engineering on sub-assemblies and finished products.
- Work with Engineering to develop and improve test methodologies, test fixtures and test data analysis as needed.
- Build experimental and prototype equipment, perform electrical, mechanical, and analytical tests on equipment and provide performance and manufacturability feedback to engineers and the development team.
- Accurately track part consumption and record any waste.
- Manage inventory by providing accurate counts and estimates to Operations Manager and organizing storage of excess parts and completed products.
- Pack and ship completed products.
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- One year’s experience in a related position.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient at soldering, including population and rework of printed circuit boards assemblies based on leaded and surface mount components.
- Basic skills in test and troubleshooting of electronic circuits with a focus on low voltage applications used in consumer electronics.
- Working knowledge and experience with common electrical bench test equipment including multimeters and oscilloscopes.
- Basic knowledge of electrical theory pertaining to analog and digital circuit designs is preferred.
- Experience with automation via tools such as Labview, Python or scripting is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Ability to perform detailed design work both independently and collaboratively.