Date Posted: February 12, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298654
PrideStaff Financial is targeting a Payroll Specialist to join our client's team DIRECT HIRE in North Dallas! This role is located just south of George Bush on Preston!
The payroll specialist will be responsible for calculating and inputting payroll for hourly and salaried employees.
- Coordinate all incoming data from clients to produce an accurate, properly authorized payroll.
- Processing of multi-cycle, multi-state payrolls insuring that the payrolls are processed accurately and efficiently as required by corporate guidelines and Federal and State regulatory requirements.
- Respond to telephone calls from clients and employees regarding questions/problems ensuring issues are resolved in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain a variety of confidential files and records related to the payroll system; enter new employees, and termination dates; make permanent payroll employee changes to pay, taxes, addresses, direct deposit.
- Distribution of paychecks/earnings statements to client; mailing of external employee paychecks/earnings statements and creates and tracks mailings.
- Accurate filing of quarterly and annual payroll tax returns
- Process periodic payroll tax deposits
- Receives and processes time records for all clients and verifies hours worked, hours off, and overtime worked
- PTO and benefits program administration
Required Skills & Experience:
Knowledge of payroll administration including in-depth understanding of all rules, regulations, in house processing procedures, record keeping methods and control systems.
Proficient use of Excel to prepare moderately complex spreadsheets and basic knowledge of Word to prepare a variety of correspondence.
Knowledge of and ability to use payroll software highly desired.
Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Ability to interact with Bank and outside personnel in exchanging or obtaining information.
Minimum of 5 years processing large volume, multistate payroll in house
PEO or multi-entity is required
Demonstrated ability to prepare and process automated payrolls; strong organizational ability to meet time schedules and deadlines; sound judgment, discretion and confidentiality.
Effective communication skills, both oral and written to relate well with co-workers, employees, clients and all levels of management.
Must be knowledgeable of federal and multiple state payroll tax laws.
Must be perceptive of any implications new payroll tax depositing rules may cause for the entities.
A Certified Payroll Professional is preferred
High School Diploma or GED is required