Date Posted: February 8, 2018
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 298762
Staff Accountant for company located in the Irvine Spectrum area.
Temporary project, hours 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, 1/2 hour lunch, Pay $20-23/hr depending on experience.
- General ledger data entry.
- Recurring month end journal entries, including, but not limited to, overhead allocation, employee benefits, identify pre-paid expense entries, and bank and petty cash reconciliation.
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll journal entries provided by human resources and reconcile quarterly employer payroll tax.
- Prepare monthly fixed asset journal entries and reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare monthly accounts receivable and differed account report.
- Land management and mitigation contract billings; including identifying and assuring that all required documentation is available for costs eligible for fee of the services.
- Preparation of budget for new applications and revising contract budget per Land management.
- Monitor individual program budgets to assure compliance with approved program budget.
- Assist with the preparation of lead schedules in preparation for an audit by any governmental agency.
- Adhere to standard practice internal control procedures for all aspects of accounting.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance & Accounting.
- Work with supervisor to prepare quarterly and ad hoc reports and analysis to management, partner organizations, and other audiences.
BA Degree Accounting
Min 2-3 years General Accounting experience
Journal Entry experience
Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables and V-Lookup)