Date Posted: March 7, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 299271
PrideStaff is looking for a Scheduler!
Schedulers are responsible for verifying information on orders ready for shipment, determining priorities, assignment for loading, schedule for delivery and handling any last minute additions. Schedulers coordinate with the driver’s supervisor to determine routing and legal hours to keep drivers in compliance with Department of Transportation regulations.
Job Duties Include:
- Compares delivery documents to the lot work sheets. Investigates any discrepancies.
- Adds the completed jobs to the completed order list of each dealer.
- Faxes completed job list to dealer for delivery approval.
- Combines approved jobs to fill a truck for delivery.
- List orders that will be included on the truckload on a daily ship list in order of stops. Loaders work from this list.
- Prepares a confirmed ship list and delivery documents for the drivers for all orders on the load.
- Assigns second driver depending on the nature of the load.
- Enters delivery dates in computer and files delivery documents.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Good customer relations.
- Computer skills.
- Good writing skills.
- Dispatching experience a plus