Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Salary: $15.00 - $17.00
Date Posted: March 8, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 299516
PURPOSE (Brief, concise statement of expected results: the reason the position exists):
Performs receiving, in process and final inspection and test of Life Support Equipment assemblies, subassemblies, components, parts and material to ensure compliance to blueprints, specifications, work orders, purchase orders, etc.
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A.S. Degree in Quality or ASQ Certification as a Mechanical Inspector helpful.
Minimum two years experience in mechanical inspection.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (These are things the candidate should possess prior to being hired, i.e., computer skills):
- Must be proficient in reading, interpreting and inspecting to blueprints, GD&T, ASME Y14.5, etc.
- Must be proficient in the use of full spectrum of inspection equipment; i.e., calipers, micrometers, optical comparator, height gages, etc.
- Experience in surface plate setup and First Article inspection required
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (List the essential functions of the position, i.e., what incumbent is required to do, not how it is done):
- Inspects Life Support Equipment assemblies, subassemblies, components, parts and material to ensure compliance to blueprints, specifications, work orders, purchase orders, etc.
- Inspects and tests functional performance of systems, subassemblies and parts under specified conditions.
- Performs mechanical inspection, visual inspection and verifies various certifications and test reports for compliance to requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned. In performing these duties occasional lifting of parts, etc., is required
CONTACT WITH OTHERS:
Internal: Interacts with all departments within the organization
External: Occasional contact with others outside the organization
Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee may lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The individual must have a high level of comprehension, and a high level of general, verbal, and numerical intelligence.
Works majority of the day in a climate controlled environment, with the exception of occasionally performing work in the warehouse, which is subject to moderate changes in temperature
Temp to Hire
Shift: 1st Shift
Hours: 5:00 AM - 1:30 PM (Must be Flexible for OT)
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00
* Must Pass Criminal Background
* Must Pass 10 Panel Drug Test
* Must Pass E-Verify