Date Posted: March 15, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 301149
Accounts Payable Specialists ensure the timely and accurate posting of accounts payable invoices and timely and accurate processing of checks in accordance with company policies and procedures. Positions provide overall support to the Accounting Department as needed.
- Additional responsibilities for the Accounts Payable Specialist include:
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Maintaining employee records
- Receive, verify and code invoices for invoice data entry and obtain approvals as needed.
- Responsible for preparing checks for vendor payments, including cash disbursements, wire transfers and electronic checks
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Accounts Payable subledger
- Preparation of vendor credit applications
- Prepare all 1099’s and ensure all appropriate vendors have completed W-9’s in advance.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must have strong PC skills, including a mid-level knowledge of Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you must have basic mathematical aptitude. You must also be highly organized and communicative, as others will rely on the accuracy of your information to make key decisions. We are also seeking someone with a diverse software background.
Additional requirements of Accounts Payable Specialists may include:
- 3 to 5 years experience
- fast pace / ever changing environment
- no tattoos or piercings (expect for the earlobe)
- business casual attire
- team environment
- construction background is a plus
- outgoing personality - will be working with vendors & about 60 project managers