PrideStaff is working with a company in Clovis, CA that is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic.
- Be able to perform at a professional level and work in all areas of the plant.
- 2+ years of food manufacturing experience, 5+ is desired. Placement at hire will depend on technical knowledge and skill level of food processing-filling-packaging.
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment with limited supervision.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot and repair mechanical and minor electrical problems including any/all of the below list.
- Ability to read and understand equipment manuals. Order parts needed for breakdowns and daily duties.
- Mechanic will experience service calls dealing with these areas:
- Steam: Condensate Pumps, Traps, Valves, Piping/Plumbing, Heat Exchangers-Etc.
- Pneumatics: Cylinders, Piping/Plumbing, Valves, Flow Controls, Compressors-Etc.
- Hydraulics: Cylinders, Piping/Plumbing, Valves, Flow Controls, Pumps, Tanks-Etc.
- Mechanical: Drive/Drive linkage, Conveyors-Etc.
- Limited Basic Fabrication: Cutting, Grinding, Welding, Bending, Sheering-Etc.
- Limited Basic Electrical: Testing, Troubleshooting, Minor component Replacement-Etc.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for startup/shutdown checks of production and process equipment.
- Maintain and complete Preventative/Proactive work orders. Complete in a timely manner emergency repairs of processing, filling and packaging equipment.
- Utilize good situational judgment and decision making skills. Must be able to work in and around a close team environment.
- Must have own hand tools and tool bag – Tool Box to perform maintenance task as required.
- Maintain “Safety First” attitude toward self, others, and equipment. Must adhere to all GMP-(Good Manufacturing Practices) and LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) procedures.
Other positions Available within the maintenance department when spots are available are:
- Building Maintenance
- Forklift Mechanic
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Refrigeration Technician
- Electrical Technician