Date Posted: May 16, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 301782
PrideStaff has a Client in the Fresno area looking for a Structural Welder
Reporting to the Fabrication Supervisor, this position will be performing various structural welds for all of our modular systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Weld structural steel in all positions.
- Weld stainless steel and carbon steel and possibly other alloys.
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, flange line up pins, wrap around, center finders and rulers.
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Exceptional attendance.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform set-up, material handling duties, and minor general maintenance.
- Responsible for area housekeeping.
- Participate in the processes of continuous improvement.
- Ability to effectively perform similar position on the floor at any point in time.
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Travel domestically and internationally.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Pay will be $13.00 hr - $18.00 hr depending on experience, and on Weld test