Date Posted: August 23, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 319911
PrideStaff is seeking Welders Needed Carbon Steel ?
Tig and Mig welding of aluminum and steel parts. Each job must be run with safety, accuracy and timeliness in the welding area.
Create quality welds according to blueprints (weld symbols).
- Inspect welds for accuracy.
- Prepare product to be welded by grinding, drilling, milling, tapping and cutting steel/aluminum parts.
- Change wire, welding, as needed.
- Change gas tanks, as needed
- Responsible for the proper packaging, identifying and moving of all finished products to the proper location.
- Ensure all equipment is properly set-up and used in a safe manner and that all safety devices are in use.
-Operate fork lift, if required and trained.
- Performs first piece inspections as well as all subsequent inspections as required by RMF standards.
-Monitor equipment and request maintenance when required.
- Perform simple maintenance and repair as required.
- Will be required to cross-train as back-up in other areas of the manufacturing plant.
-Required to have proper and accurate entry into the time and attendance system.
-Other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position.
High-pressure carbon steel pressure vessels to 8” thick and pressures to 15,000
*ASME Code pressure vessels
- Stainless steel
- High alloy materials – 200 and 300 series SS, 2205 & 2207 Duplex SS
- Hastelloy alloys
- Carbon steels
Safety, Quality, Accuracy, Timeliness, Reliability and Thoroughness of work performed; gains the trust and respect of the shift supervisor, co-workers and other employees; develops good working relationships with the shift supervisor, co-workers and other employees.
Develops working knowledge of the production environment and has ability to respond to change. Work to Continuously Improve the operations of the Department through Lean activities and Improvement suggestions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Prefer at least 1-4 years of experience working with mig and tig welding. Position requires good mathematical ability and the ability to read and interpret blueprints. Position requires the ability to operate precision measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, protractors, and tape measures.