San Diego, CA
Salary: $45 to $57.50 per hour DOE
Date Posted: January 12, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 334588
Senior IT Endpoint Engineer
The person in this position will be responsible for developing and maintaining integrated enterprise solutions which support our global internal customers, as well as bridging communication, activities and knowledge across the Endpoint Support team and Infrastructure. Customer focus and user satisfaction is of the utmost importance. This position will be located at the client's San Diego office and will report to the Global Manager of Endpoint Engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create and maintain Windows workstation OS images with software and drivers for all currently supported models in the environment
- Create and maintain Active Directory structure, group policy, adhere to standard operating procedures to adhere to audit and compliance
- Manage Microsoft SCCM 2012 (common branch) for software deployment and asset management reporting
- Develop tools and automate processes to simplify common tasks performed by the Service Desk, and reduce errors
- Drive best practices with O365 environment, configuration, and administration
- Proven experience with leveraging Powershell to deliver continuous improvement to enterprise solutions
- Provide integration engineering function across portfolio
- Provide support for engineered solutions that may include interaction with senior leadership
- Assist with and implement IT projects that require Endpoint Services involvement
- Log and track work tasks using Service Now (ticketing software), and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Responsible for engaging with Microsoft Premier Services for troubleshooting
- Manage and drive advancement of MDM solution, with working knowledge of AirWatch a plus
- Develop and test multi-point integrated solutions through use of COS tools (for example PowerShell) and processes
- Work with global endpoint engineering team to architect and implement solutions to increase effectiveness and efficiency of solution architecture and engineering services to further enhance support capabilities, documentation and reporting
- Serve as escalation point for issues and requests that are assigned from Endpoint Support and Associate Endpoint Engineers
- Identify potential shortcomings or inefficiencies in the operating environment and drive improvements
- Work with global infrastructure and endpoint teams to achieve alignment with global standards
- Write or revise user instruction materials relevant to supported user base
- Provide status(es) to management as requested
- Handle project-oriented tasks for service related improvements, enhancements and changes.
- Lead by example and drive operational excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the person must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in the support and engineering of endpoint environments, especially Microsoft desktop operation systems and applications suites in a Windows 10 environment and SCCM 2012 common branch.
- Active Directory 2012-2016 functional level, ADFS, GPO management knowledge required
- Installing and maintaining LAN/Desktop Hardware and Software system images including Windows 10, Office 2016 suite and multiple hardware platforms
- Solid understanding of hardware roadmaps and experience developing enterprise hardware standards for a global organization
- Experience in operating, maintaining, and delivering value on O365 and other enterprise solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of imaging system software and its respective engineering and administration
- MDM expertise (AirWatch), specifically in security policy development, implementation, and compliance reporting/mitigation.
- PowerShell experience a must.
- Service Now development and administration experience desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Microsoft SCCM, MCSE or equivalent, ITIL certified, ISO knowledgeable.
Due to the high volume of responses, only those candidates that meet the requirements above will be contacted.