Date Posted: January 15, 2019
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 340923
PrideStaff Financial has partnered with a North Dallas client in search of a Senior Finance Manager to join their team! This is a newly created direct hire position and offers competitive salary and benefits! If you thrive in a position that allows you to get in the details…this is the role for you!
The Senior Finance Manager will partner with the accounting team and business leaders on financial reporting requirements, analysis, financial modeling, financial/business metrics, forecasting and budgeting. The Senior Finance Manager will manage the monthly reporting package creation process and be responsible for "telling a story" with the numbers.
Other responsibilities include:
- Year/month-end close responsibilities including preparation and tracking of accruals; analysis of actual results versus budget (sales, gross margin, expenses, etc.) and documenting reasons for variances to management
- Drive reporting processes with preparation of monthly and quarterly company financial reporting packages including P&Ls, Divisional Analysis and Balance Sheet.
- Analyze trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, gross margin, expenses and capital expenditures and cash forecasting.
- Provide variance analysis vs Budget and Forecast.
- Maintain financial performance by developing operating and financial metrics and driving financial accountability throughout all department and divisions.
- Implement monthly Financial dashboard Reports to be distributed to Senior Management
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies
- Provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for process improvements and controls.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives and ad-hoc projects (sales & use tax analysis, DSO reporting, etc)
- Support Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis.
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred
· 5+ years experience as Financial Control, Financial Planning and Analysis with 1-2 years Management experience.
· Strong leadership skills required. Experience in multi-unit wholesale or retail concepts preferred
· Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
· Business Intelligence/Objects and Lawson M3 skills desirable.
· Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
· Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
· Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.