Date Posted: December 27, 2018
Job ID: 341548
The Data Analyst will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, and support of a wide range of reporting and analysis need including the accurate presentation of information for internal staff and business partners. The Data Analyst will also be responsible for providing day-to-day development/support of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) such as Claims, Payment, and Crosswalk between 837, 277 and 835 files formats. The Data Analyst is also responsible for organizing and maintaining technical and functional EDI specifications and ensuring that standards are met and upheld. He or she will be assisting the Senior Data Analyst for loading, maintaining and improving quality of EDI data loads and file submissions as per compliance time frames. He or she will be responsible for maintaining relationships with Trading Partners, Health Plans and internal Business Teams. As a member of the IS team the Analyst coordinates activities and project schedules under the guidance of Senior Data Analyst and the IT Director.
- Maintain and automate existing reports and develop new reports in T-SQL to support organizational business needs.
- Utilize data analysis techniques and queries to support internal business functions through the generation of reports.
- Review reporting processes and recommend new or improved solutions that increase efficiency and accuracy and implement those solutions.
- Liaison between Health Plans, Trading partners, Internal Departments and users, for file information or mapping requirements.
- Coordinate reconciliations with the various Health Plans based on incoming Claims or Payment data. Assist in developing reports for the departments and Health Plans.
- Research and develop efficient process for any data mismatches or lost data between entities like providers, trading partners, vendors and payors.
- Collaborate with internal business partners as well as project enhancements and new project setups.
- Participate in testing for system upgrades or customizations for 837P, 837I transactions set, inbound or outbound.
- Document new requirement specifications, process workflows. Provide feedback on design and setup during review meetings with Senior Data Analyst and the IT Director.
- Identify opportunities to improve internal processes and efficiencies that support department and corporate goals.
- 3-5 years of experience as a SQL Developer (T-SQL Programming)
- 3-5 years of experience with SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Integration Services
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS
- Excellent experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio
- 3-5 years preferred experience in the Healthcare field
- Minimum five years of experience specific to Electronic Data Information in Healthcare areas like Business Knowledge, Information systems, or Support.
- Excellent working knowledge of standard X12 ANSI file formats; 837P, 837I, 835, 834, 277, 999
- Experience in any Provider facing Electronic Health Record management application preferable
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks and problem solving under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required. Must work well independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of structured development processes, technical project management, software testing and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Healthcare or related field or equivalent education and experience.