St. Louis, MO
Date Posted: December 28, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 341735
Salary $40-$50 K
Forecasts project costs of metal and/or wood fixtures. Helps determine necessary resources for project based on cost estimates. Uses technical background of wood and metal displays coupled with engineering/design experience to prepare accurate bids and to do load calculations.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in the manufacturing of store fixtures.
- Must be able to read/interpret CAD drawings, floorplans and blueprints.
- Some creativity is required.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Collects, organizes and reviews quotes from suppliers.
- Must be able to meet short deadlines.
- Works closely with Sales, Engineering, and Purchasing.
- Maintains professional image to customer and other employees.
- Communicates to those within and outside in an effective manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Displays strong leadership and direction.
- Manages multiple, complex tasks, often of conflicting natures while displaying a professional approach.
- Displays a sense of urgency towards completing assigned tasks.
- Maintains outstanding attendance.
- Is dependable and displays a strong work ethic.
- Through policies, through established standards, and by example, fosters an environment of teamwork and cooperation throughout the company.
- Maintains a safe work attitude and environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate information to prepare accurate estimates.
- Proficient math and computer experience including Excel as well as other software programs.
- Must have material pricing knowledge.
- Must have design creativity, self motivation, and the ability to read blue prints.
- Must be able to meet short deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Must be a team player, able to work successfully with interdependent teams.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities coupled with high stress tolerance.
- Strong problem solving and related analytical skills.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the company.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
Education and/or Experience:
Must have a high school diploma. Three to five years experience in fixture manufacturing helpful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Talking/Hearing: Must be able to exchange ideas and convey information to others and have ability to receive detailed information.
- Reaching: Extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing/Walking: Perform all tasks while standing or moving about on foot.
- Carrying: Carrying boxed and unboxed material.
- Fingering/Grasping: Picking, pinching, pulling, folding, stapling, handling, and manipulating small and large object primarily with fingers and hands.
- Repetitive actions in wrists and hands.
- Position requires the use of near, mid-range and far vision with clarity at 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less. The ability to judge distance and space relationships and see objects where and as they are. The ability to identify and distinguish colors. The ability to observe up and down or to the right or left (field of vision).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily an office environment with plant visits as needed.
- Exposure to dirt and dust – Occasionally
- Exposure to temperature changes - Occasionally
- Exposure to warehouse noises, dampness, and odors – Occasionally
- Handling sharp objects – Occasionally
send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org