Simi Valley, CA
Date Posted: December 28, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 341854
Warehouse Level 2 ($15/hr,)
The Warehouse Level 2 role is managed directly by Warehouse Management, and is responsible for performing all picking, packing, shipping and inventory movement duties on a professional level in supporting the Warehouse department. This is a non-exempt position.
• With warehouse leadership, ensure that all orders are processed efficiently, making recommendations to any given system, process, or workflow that leads to reaching departmental goals, including that of completing daily workload.
• Clear communication and understanding of workload at all times, providing guidance to staff when needed.
• Immediate informing to direct report of any warehouse process or device that fails to function, error encountered, or problem.
• Receiving: manual unloading of merchandise that arrives inbound from carriers in an orderly and accessible manner, inspecting for damage, and reporting any discrepancies or errors. Additional responsibility to verifying documentation for inbound shipments may be assigned.
• Returns: process returns using systems, including handling of returned merchandise as appropriate.
• Inventory: ensure that all inventory is put away including corresponding entries in our systems.
• Picking: accurate picking of merchandise from system reports, including inspection for quality as it relates to Mint Condition.
• Packing: determine the appropriate box size for the merchandise to be shipped, build box, and pack orders with fill material (as required).
• Scanning: verify that the merchandise to ship is appropriate for the order, and record accurate weights and measurements (dimensions, if needed) in our order processing system.
• Shipping: utilization of order processing system to print necessary paperwork, use shipping systems to print carrier labels and other needed shipping documents
(customs forms, BOL, etc.), sort packages to carrier pallets to be picked up.
• Special Projects: as assigned by warehouse leadership, work with the Warehouse Project Manager as needed. Actual duties to be determined by the scope and detail of the project.
• Overall organization and maintenance of storage of merchandise to allow for efficient operations.
• Help keep warehouse aisles, common work areas, workstations, shipping and receiving areas clean and free of obstruction at all times.
• General cleaning duties including sweeping, use of floor scrubber, disposal of trash, and baling of cardboard for recycling.
• Additional duties/tasks assigned by management
• Attention to detailed needed in interpreting and verifying information given on work tickets and documentation.
• Active listening and understanding of instructions given for a task or project assigned, asking questions as appropriate.
• Basic communication and calculation skills.
• Time management both in the execution of tasks at-hand and the effect on the overall workload of the Warehouse.
- Demonstrated mastery of all basic receiving, picking, packing, scanning and shipping duties.
- Candidate should have 3-5 years of continuous warehouse experience.