Salary: $13 to $18/hr DOE
Date Posted: January 4, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 342476
Dental Assistant Needed Immediately
Immediate interviews availabe. This is a temp to hire position and multiple openings.
Pay is $13 to $18/hr DOE and certification. Work is a 36 to 45 hour week Monday through Friday with some half day Saturdays.
Ready to change lives (including your own)? We are dedicated to creating a world of happy, healthy smiles. We believe every person deserves access to quality, affordable dental care - and this mission drives everything we do.
Below are the basics of this role:
The Dental Assistant provides support to the office and is responsible for assisting the professional dental staff with treatment.
- Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
- Guide parents and patients through our processes before treatment
- Educate patients in oral hygiene instruction and provide postoperative instructions
- Prepare patient for examination and treatment
- Take x-rays and save to patient charts
- Responsible for the operational readiness of the hygiene bay and operatory rooms
- Prepare tray set-ups for dental procedures
- Mix amalgam, cement, pulp paste and prepare impression materials
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment
- Clean chairs and rooms
- Assist professional dental staff with treatment:
- Document patient information, treatment plans, and procedures in patient chart
- Assist with suctioning, holding retractors and suture cutting during surgical procedures
- Pour, trim and polish impression casts
- Fabricate custom impression trays
- Responsible for adhering to all government regulations and company standards
Ready to do more than the basics and be super awesome?
- Have fun and make sure our patients are having fun too
- Provide memorable patient experiences by showing compassion for our patients and parents
- Get out into your community - participate in local events including school screenings, presentations and any opportunity to promote a positive image of us
- Look around and do more than you are asked to do by assisting with other office duties as needed
- Participate in morning huddles (hey, even ask to run one!), let your peers know how much you appreciate them, highlight great examples of customer focus, collaboration etc
- Integrity, always do the right thing!
- Love working with kids (they make up 70% or more of our patient base)
And yes, there are requirements for this role:
- Graduation from a senior high school or GED equivalent.
- X-ray certification, other certified dental assistant credentials are preferred required (state and position specific)
Take care of our patients and we will take care of you
To apply online go to www.pridestaff.com/houstonnw or call 832 604-2255 to learn more!