Date Posted: February 4, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 346386
Great Client in Florence area seeking five ReTread Technicians -- three on First Shift and three on Third ShiftTemp to Hire with good benefits, $14/hr.
Help the transportation industry be being part of the team which keeps tractor trailers on the road with fresh, re-treaded tires!! Learn the process to repairing, rebuilding and reconditioning tires for the trucking industry. Being willing to work hard, be good with hand tools and willing to adhere to process can ensure you are successful as a Retread Technician.
to operate various machinery in plant located in Florence, KY.
The retreading process starts when old tires are received into the facility. These tires are dis-mounted and cleared of any tubes, flaps or valve stems. A safety inspection of the tire is preformed and if passed the old tread is then buffed away, and a new rubber tread is applied to the bare "casing" using specialized machinery. After curing the tires in a chamber to secure the new tread a final inspection is done with any branding or painting to complete the process.
This position requires a high level of Quality Control for each stage of the retread process. The retread process is conducted through a multiple station process, where cross training will be provided for each station.
- Ability to work in facility that is NOT temperature controlled: Hot in the summer months and Cold in the winter months.
- Can frequently bend, twist and lift objects over 50 - 100 pounds on a regular basis. 100+ pounds of pressure when pushing tires.
- Must be able to work standing up and do repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations, vibrations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Commercial Tires is preferred
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen as well as a criminal background check.
- High school diploma or GED
- Shifts are FIRST: Monday – Friday 6am - 3:30pm.
- THIRD SHIFT -- MOn-Fri 6:30p-3a
- Overtime is management discretion
Must be at least 18; Willing to submit to background check and drug screen.
Great attendance experience is critical.