Date Posted: March 15, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 350249
Temp to hire -- 6 Spots -- Join the Quality Team in the production operation, performing lab tests to confirm proper production standards. Seeking folks with previous lab tech experience, ideally in food production. Florence area -- two shifts, either 6a-6p or 6p-6a -- five days a week, so lots of OT! Mon-Fri, some weekends as needed.
This position reports to the Lab Supervisor. The Quality Control department is responsible for verifying that product meets or exceeds safe food handling and quality standards. This includes taking any necessary corrective action in the event of an issue. In the event of this person’s absence, the responsibilities fall to the Senior Lab Tech.
III. Key Job Functions & Responsibilities:
1. Proper use and care of analytical instruments and equipment, including daily calibration
2. Analyze product chemistry in the form of sugar solids (Brix), pH and thickness (Viscosity) for
each lot batched. As prescribed on Process Control Checklists.
3. Ensure the UHT processor parameters are in balance, Aseptic process controls are followed
as prescribed on the Process Control Checklists.
4. Inspect rework before it is used and make sure documentation provides traceability.
5. Verify product quality and integrity by checking the production line during the filling of each
lot (looking specifically at package and case integrity, label and code date accuracy,
weights, temperatures, and tray/screen inspections for signs of any foreign material.
6. Analyze first and last cartons during formula changes for product chemistry and tray/screen
inspections to ensure no presence of foreign materials.
7. Perform HACCP monitoring activities including filter checks, metal detector monitoring,
allergen verifications and hot fill monitoring as prescribed by production line requirements.
8. Monitor the line and equipment for food safety related items such as good manufacturing
practices and proper sanitation practices.
9. Properly document all data and provide timely/effective communication to production
supervisors, management, production employees and other Quality Assurance technicians
10. Collect any necessary samples and maintain the sample library accordingly.
11. Fill in as needed in other areas of the Quality department as assigned by the Lead
Technician, QA manager or Process Control/QA supervisor.
High School Diploma with 1-3 years experience in a laboratory environment, preferably one
in a food manufacturing facility. Additional course work in (Biology, Chemistry, Food
Science) or related discipline a plus.
2. Ability to follow directions.
3. Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
4. Detail oriented with the ability to maintain accurate and legible documentation.