Date Posted: March 12, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 351252
Great Company in Hebron KY is seeking to add a Packaging Operator for 1st Shift to their team. Great work environment with company that has very long tenured employees! $15.50/hr is the starting pay!
Must train on First Shift for 3 Weeks, Mon-Fri 8a-4:15p.
Weekend Shift is 6a-6:15pm Fri, Sat and Sunday.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Packaging of Product
- Reads production specification and bill of materials. Ensures understanding of these documents and asks questions if clarification is needed.
- Performs machine set ups for each job. This includes:
- Prepares packing line by getting and organizing the finish goods to run the line
- Scans work orders into the packing line
- Accumulates and organizes raw materials for packing to include boxes, labels and cores
- Checks for overflow stock
- Sets up taper at the end of the line
- Verify packing film on machine
- Verifies quality of the product.
- Completes work order forms.
- Completes packing tasks such as core labeling, attaching take-up roll, packing rolls in the appropriate box and placing boxes on the skid.
- Operates walk behind material handling equipment
- Performs basic troubleshooting of machine to include:
- Adjusting machine settings; in feed rails, side sealer.
- Recovering from film breaks by stopping the machine, cutting broken film and re-threading the machine.
Great Benefits when hired on.
The time that they are contract labor – they will work 36 and get paid for 36. They would have the option to come in during the week (most likely 2ndshift) to pick up the other 4 hrs if they want.
Once they are hired on full time – as long as they work the full 36 WE hours they are then paid an additional 4 free hrs to get them to 40 hrs. A nice 10% raise.