Lithia Springs, GA
Salary: Up to $13.00 per hour
Date Posted: December 29, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 293829
Job Title: Shipping Clerk II
Location: Lithia Springs, GA
Job Type: Full-Time with Overtime
We are currently seeking a Shipping Clerk II to join our team on first shift with overtime. This position will be responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing materials, tools, equipment, and products
This position will report to the Distribution Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Compares identifying information and counts items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information
- Opens boxes, creates, and other containers and prepares parcels for shipping
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Maintains inventory records
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent experience
- Must have a minimum of one year of related experience and/or training
- Basic PC knowledge required
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be willing to submit to a thorough background check and drug screen.