Salary: Up to $16 per hour
Date Posted: January 2, 2018
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 294151
Medicare Billing Representative
PrideStaff is currently seeking a Biller (MEDICARE EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED)! Our ideal candidate must have great written and verbal skills as well as excellent telephone communication and customer service skills, must be able to type 45 words per minute. If you have been searching for an outstanding career opportunity in a rewarding, fast-paced, and exciting working environment, this is your chance! Please read below for details:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily billing of claims to 3rd party insurance following the guidelines of the UB-04
- Ensures that special billing needs by carrier are performed to prevent denial of claims and delay in payment and takes appropriate action to resolve any delay in reimbursement.
- Prepares and submits final bill claims, secondary claims, rebills and late charges on a daily basis maintaining a current status.
- Routine follow-up on unpaid insurance claims. Take appropriate action to resolve problems causing delay in reimbursement.
- Collaborates correspondence daily to add Medicare eligibility to self-pay and commercial accounts
- Knowledge of third-party requirements and policies, to include but not limited to Traditional Medicare, Medicaid,CMO, Blue Cross Blue Shield, HMOs, PPOs, and other commercial carriers
- Strong attention to detail and goal oriented
- Prior Epic and Emdeon experience also preferred
Job Type: Full-time