Farmers Branch, TX
Date Posted: February 22, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 300361
The Maintenance Technician handles the day to day building maintenance repairs; carpentry, electrical, heat/air conditioning, plumbing, conveyor, and mechanical and general maintenance for the Distribution Center.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Results and Accountability: 75%
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor with managing the condition of all facility assets to include materials, structures and material handling equipment..
- Executes timely repairs as needed throughout the facility at the direction of supervisor or to avoid any interruption to service.
- Performs preventative maintenance on schedule to reduce additional expense.
- Maintains appropriate stock levels of required parts and inventory.
- Follows all compliance regulations.
- Assists in maintaining any required control logs, handling protocol, safety requirement or any other specified disclosure documentation.
- Performs work on material handling fleet and assists with both internal and external relationships as needed.
- Assists as needed in the upkeep of all facility grounds and ensure common areas remain in sound order.
- Assists as needed to help maintain access and egress points remain clear and safe for all pedestrian ad vehicle traffic both in the facility and on the grounds.
- Maintain repairs work on: forklifts, carpentry electrical, heat/air conditioning, plumbing, conveyor and mechanical and general maintenance for corporate, distribution center and other facilities.
- Drives company van or personal car to deliver or pick up parts from vendors.
- Maintains area, keeps equipment clean and maintains paperwork for work completed.
Communicate, develops and maintains strong working relationships at all levels: 25%
- Peers within operations
- Human Resources
- Department Managers
- Risks Management/Loss Prevention
- Builds and maintains a work environment that is positive and is supported by open feedback and tow-way communication at all levels.
- 1 -2 years Warehouse Maintenance Experience
- High School Diploma