Just a few more days left until your office Halloween party!
So…how is that costume of yours coming along?
If your work and home life have left you no time to even think about a Halloween costume (or if you just don’t care enough to put in the effort), you’re in good company – and you’re in luck! Today, our national employment agency is sharing a list of last-minute Halloween costume ideas that are fun, comfortable and appropriate for work.
Last-Minute Halloween Costume Ideas
- Minion. Perfect for an individual or a group, all you need is a yellow t-shirt and denim overalls. To complete the look, add oversized glasses and grab a bunch of bananas to hand out.
- #1 Sports Fan. Do you own your favorite team’s jerseys, hats and other gear? Wear it all and make a statement!
- Confused Sports Fan. Can’t ever choose one team? Mix and match various squads’ sports gear for a silly, yet comfortable costume.
- A Rose by Any Other Name. Hot glue a silk rose to a rose-hued t-shirt and wear a nametag that says “Lily” or “Violet.”
- The Catcher in the Rye. Catcher’s mitt. Rye bread. Done.
- Breadwinner. Gold medal. Loaf of bread. Done.
- Chip on Your Shoulder. Hot glue a small bag of potato chips to your shoulder. Done!
- The Office Cast. Jim and Pam are a cinch to pull off. For Jim, wear a light blue button-down shirt and khakis with a conservative tie. For Pam, layer a plain cardigan over a simple white blouse and pair those with a knee-length skirt. And if you’re going as Dwight, don a short-sleeved mustard button-down with brown pants, a brown tie and glasses – and don’t forget to part your hair down the middle! Finish off each costume with a Dunder Mifflin “Hi My Name Is” nametag.
- Printable Halloween Masks. If dressing up isn’t your thing, you can always just download and print a celebrity costume mask (just Google “printable celebrity costume masks”). You can find a huge collection of printable masks online; just make sure to select one that isn’t too controversial.
- Fruits and Vegetables. Start with a colored sweatsuit and add fake leaves and vines (or colored balloons for berries, grapes, etc.). Use fabric markers for additional details like seeds and you’ll look good enough to eat.
- Denim Shirt Ideas. If you own a denim or chambray shirt, you’re just a few small details away from having a complete costume!
- Rosie the Riveter: Wrap a red bandana around your head and roll up the sleeves on your favorite chambray work shirt for a costume as strong as it is simple.
- Bob Ross: Your favorite denim shirt only needs a super-curly wig, a paintbrush and a palette to round out this costume.
One Final Note
While your Halloween party is undoubtedly meant to be fun, remember that an office party is not the place to wear a revealing, controversial or exceptionally gruesome costume. When in doubt, err on the side of caution.
Enjoy your Halloween work party – and Happy Halloween from all of us at PrideStaff!