It’s hard to believe: the 2017 holiday season is upon us!
If you’re looking for work, it can be tempting to throw in the towel and wait for the New Year to launch your job search. But that’s a big mistake. Here’s why:
- For many employers, the holiday season is their busiest season – which means they’ll need to fill seasonal and temporary positions.
- Many organizations hire staff from their seasonal, temporary employee pool – meaning that an assignment can lead to a direct job.
- Some employers rush to fill job openings before the year is over (due to budget issues), motivating them to hire quickly.
- Lots of job seekers put their search on hold during the holidays, which means there’s less competition for the best jobs.
The takeaway? The holidays are an ideal time to find a seasonal or direct job. So, make the most of it! Here are a few job-search pointers to keep in mind:
- Reach out. The holidays are a perfect time to reconnect with people who could aid your job search. Send personalized holiday greetings, and tack a message onto the end letting friends, family, colleagues, classmates, former employers and other business contacts know that you’re on the hunt.
- Ramp up your networking. Accept invitations to holiday social events! While you don’t want to make your job search the primary focus of conversations, it’s perfectly fine to let people you meet know that you are looking for a job. You never know, your next opportunity may be just a handshake and a conversation away.
- Be flexible. You may be asked to interview at an unusual time or day, given recruiters’ hectic schedules and tight deadlines.
- Use your vacation time. If you’re currently employed and have unused vacation days, devote them to your search: schedule informational interviews or networking meetings; update your resume; or conduct online research to create a list of target employers.
PrideStaff can help you find a great holiday job.
If you’re looking to earn money this holiday season, gain experience and keep your schedule flexible, a temporary assignment with PrideStaff may be just what you’re looking for. Here are a few of the advantages we offer:
- Find a holiday job quickly. When you apply with us, you have immediate access to a wide range of employment opportunities, including assignments for entry-level workers. Our staffing consultants will match you with jobs that are right for your interests, skill level and experience.
- Access unadvertised seasonal jobs. If the thought of trolling job boards doesn’t excite you, apply with PrideStaff – and skip the runaround! Our recruiters do the legwork for you and connect you with job openings that aren’t advertised elsewhere.
- Keep your schedule flexible. Only available for a few weeks? Seeking an evening or weekend job? Temping allows you to: work part-time or full-time: choose long-term or short-term assignments: and work when you want and just as much as you want.
- Our services are free to you. So, what are you waiting for? Contact your local PrideStaff recruiter today!