Recruiting used to be so simple. Take out a classified ad in the paper and wait for the phone to ring.
Oh, how times have changed.
Within just the past year, Facebook and Google have transformed the way candidates look for work – and the way you need to recruit. Here are a few things you should know about each:
- Your business can now post job openings on your company Facebook page.
- People who have liked your page will have the opportunity to see the jobs you post on your page or in their newsfeed as they scroll through. They are also able to see job postings from your page if any of their friends like, comment on, or share it.
- Along with your Facebook page, jobs that you post will also show up on Facebook’s recently launched job board. When job seekers navigate to Facebook’s job board, they will see available opportunities near them.
Google for Jobs
- Google just dipped its toes into the job board arena and is serving up job postings within search results now. This is important because Google gets close to 77% of all search engine traffic and a lot of candidate job searches start with Google.
- When a job seeker searches for your company by name, or for the types of jobs you fill (in your geographic market), your jobs may appear in the new Google Jobs display.
- The jobs that appear in Google for Jobs come from a variety of sources. Google has partnerships with major job boards and other career sites that can get your jobs into the new Google Jobs display.
- Google will also directly index jobs from your job board – as long as it is optimized for Google Jobs.
The job search is changing.
Instead of heading to your website or a job board giant, more job seekers are searching for jobs right from their browser or social media apps.
PrideStaff is on top of these changes, combining both traditional and new channels to make sure our clients get the best candidates – as quickly and cost-effectively as possible. We invest heavily on the national and local level to give our clients a competitive recruiting advantage.
Here are just a few of the ways we ensure your postings get found by the right candidates:
- PrideStaff is very visible on Google and Facebook.
We offer the strength of a large national company with the personal service of a local staffing partner. We provide deep resources to get as much reach as possible, while acting quickly on a local level to get you the best possible results.
- PrideStaff’s jobs are all optimized to increase exposure on Google.
Scary fact? 90% of job seekers don’t go past page 1 of Google search results. But don’t worry; we’re on top of things. We feed job openings to all the major job boards as well as a Google. By combining these efforts, our jobs have a prominent place in Google search results, helping our clients attract more qualified candidates.
- PrideStaff has a massive Facebook audience.
For the last several years, we’ve seen the impact Facebook has made on candidate recruitment. To capitalize on their growing influence, we’ve built one of the industry’s largest, and more loyal, audiences. As of today, PrideStaff has 135,000 followers and invests heavily in building and maintaining a strong talent network. Each of our local offices also has their own Facebook presence to help recruit on a local level.
- We leverage paid and organic reach on Facebook.
First, our offices can post local opportunities to Facebook Jobs to help clients reach active, engaged candidates. Then, through paid Facebook reach we’re able to identify passive candidates who may be open to great new opportunities but not actively looking.
Need great candidates – but aren’t a digital recruiting expert?
Partner with a national staffing agency like PrideStaff. Using a variety of the latest techniques and technology, we’re prepared to deliver qualified people, quickly and cost-effectively.
How can we help? Contact your local PrideStaff office today.