“Somewhere, someone is looking for exactly what you have to offer.”
When you’re out of work, it can feel as if the whole universe is conspiring against you. But if you’re looking for a job right now, take heart: There ARE opportunities out there, and TODAY is the day to begin uncovering them!
Below are a few practical tips to help you reignite your job search – and find a great job, quickly.
Reset your attitude.
There’s no shame in being laid off in this economy; millions of people have filed for unemployment in recent weeks. While you can’t control the fact that you were let go, you can control what you do about it. So pick yourself up, dust yourself off and choose a positive attitude every day.
Treat your job search as if it were your full-time job.
Each morning, get up as you normally would, eat breakfast and get dressed. Then get to work:
- Create a plan for each day, so your activities are focused and intentional.
- Set goals for reaching out to your network, scheduling informational interviews, applying to jobs online, attending virtual career fairs and performing other search activities.
- Augment your job search with activities that keep your skills sharp and help you build new ones.
- At the end of each day, take stock of what you achieved to keep yourself motivated.
Be willing to forego temporary financial gains for long-term security.
Right now, you may be earning more on unemployment than you would if you were working. Don’t let that temporary extra income lull you into a false sense of security. Now is the time to start looking for work. More people are already competing for the same jobs in this economy; that competition will only increase when unemployment benefits return to normal levels.
Consider a transitional job.
A bridge job can pay the bills, keep you motivated, prevent an employment gap on your resume, help keep your skills sharp, and so much more. In this post, we explain the reasons to take a transitional job while you continue to search for an ideal situation.
Ready to fire up your job search?
Right now, employers are looking for what you have to offer. PrideStaff can reignite your job search and put you to work quickly. When you apply with us, we can help you:
- freshen up your resume and interviewing skills
- broaden your experience with a variety of temporary assignments
- earn money while you look for a full-time job
With more than 80 offices across the nation, we have a wide range of temporary, temp-to-hire and direct hire administrative jobs, professional jobs, IT jobs and light industrial jobs available. Get started today! Contact the PrideStaff office in your area to find out more about great local job opportunities.