If you’re not a morning person, what’s the best way to shake off the mental cobwebs and get your brain prepped for a busy workday?
Sure, you could drink more caffeine. And, yes, you could take an ice-cold shower. But we have an even better suggestion:
Wake up your brain by listening to a great podcast.
Podcasts are rapidly gaining momentum as a source of information and entertainment. According to a study by Edison Research, a whopping 67 million Americans listen to podcasts monthly. That’s up 14 percent in just one year! Even more impressive is the fact that 42 million Americans – 15 percent of the US population – now listen to podcasts weekly.
Podcasts are gaining traction for several reasons, including lower production costs and early influencers in the space. But as a listener, podcasts are attractive because:
- They’re perfect to listen to during your commute or while you’re performing busywork.
- They’re quick to download and listen to later.
- Unlike visual content, they engage your ears with silence, pauses and genuine human voices.
Looking for the best podcasts to start your day?
Here are a few of our team’s favorites – sure to boost your productivity, motivation and overall performance:
- The Tim Ferris Show. Tim Ferris is the entrepreneur and author best-known for The 4-Hour Workweek. Featuring famous guests like Jamie Foxx and Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ferris’ #1-ranked iTunes business podcast shares techniques and routines you can use to maximize your personal productivity.
- TED Radio Hour. This podcast delivers all of your favorite TED talks in radio format. Each episode presents an astonishing invention, a fresh approach to an old problem, or new ways to think and create – the perfect antidote to morning brain fog.
- The Productivityist. An experienced speaker, writer and bestselling author, Mike Vardy hosts a weekly show with episodes that provide proven tips to use time better, bring more balance to your daily routine, and manage tasks smarter.
Looking for another way to kick-start morning productivity?
Make sure you have the staff you need to support your team. From covering last-minute call-offs to tackling big new projects, PrideStaff can quickly provide the right people to make every workday more successful. Contact your local PrideStaff office today to learn more.