The New Year offers you a fresh start. It’s a great time to let go of past mistakes, start healthy new habits, and (as the title of this post implies) launch your job search.
Amazing opportunities are everywhere right now. So if:
- You’re frustrated with your job or your boss…
- You feel like you’re not earning what you’re worth…
- You’d like to explore a new career path…
- Or you just want to get back into the workforce…
You owe it to yourself to find a job that’s rewarding, full of potential and leverages your strengths.
Ready to turn over a new leaf with your career? Let’s do this.
Here’s how to find a fulfilling job in the New Year:
Decide what’s most important to you.
The events of the past two years have forever transformed certain jobs and industries, the ways and places in which work is performed, and perhaps even your values and priorities when it comes to work.
Take stock of what you really want from your career. Consider the types of roles in which you might naturally excel. Research occupations, industries, and employers you find appealing. And look for intersections between what you’re great at – and trends in your target field. When you align what you desire with what’s in demand, you’ll set yourself on the path to success.
Learn more: Read “What Are You Great At?” to discover a simple process for uncovering your talents and strengths and then applying what you learn to find a new job that complements your innate abilities.
Identify and close skill gaps.
Depending on the direction you want to go, you may need to acquire additional skills to launch your new career. Start by identifying your transferable skills, and adjust your resume to highlight them. Then, create a plan to gain the new skills you need – whether it’s through education, specialized job training, or work experience.
Tip: Temporary and temporary-to-hire opportunities with PrideStaff are a great way to strengthen your existing skills, develop new ones and explore different roles and industries.
Get back out there.
In addition to applying for open jobs, create a plan for increasing your visibility (both online and in the real world). Here are two tips to try:
- Freshen up your social media profiles. Employers will check you out on Facebook, LinkedIn, and other sites; be sure they’ll like what they see and learn about you.
- Update your resume. In this post, we share tips for updating your resume, so it captures recruiters’ attention and makes the best case for your candidacy.
- Broaden your opportunities by building your network. Attend job fairs, industry conferences, and networking events. Join (and participate in) relevant professional and industry groups on social media. Build your online connections, especially with recruiters and companies that are hiring.
Arm yourself with knowledge.
If you’re looking for more job search tips to try or just need a little New Year’s job search inspiration, check out these earlier posts:
Then contact your local PrideStaff recruiter.
Our employment experts can help examine your skills, interests, and career goals – and connect you with a truly rewarding opportunity. Kickstart your 2022 job search today.